My current surroundings and the nature of my work in East Africa have recently caused me to ask myself some fundamental questions.
“How does one drive a project with conviction, while maintaining a sense of humility? What does a humble leader look like?”
Perhaps, the most important question is:
“What can I do to cultivate humility within myself?”
Checklist for Humility
1. Admit my mistakes early and often.
2. Show weakness in skills/knowledge and be willing to learn.
3. Listen more and talk less.
4. Work behind the scenes and enjoy it.
5. Ask for help, but don’t expect it.
6. Cover-up for someone else’s shortcoming.
7. Give credit to people, institutions, and even situations.
8. Be genuine and approachable.